Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Antar Howarth
    Participant

Hello, All –

I am a big fan of Premium Addons – but one thing is out of place. The “Premium Addons for Elementor” admin menu entry should be inside the main “Elementor” menu entry. Almost every other Elementor addon does this.

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/kof94j

Premium Addons should do the same.

Antar

Abanob
    Keymaster

Hello Antar,

Hope you’re having a great day 🙂

I got your idea, but please let me clarify why did we add Premium Addons for Elementor as a separate admin menu item:
    Premium Addons PRO is an extensions for Premium Addons for Elementor (Free), you can notice that the PRO version adds more than one sub menu items to Premium Addons for Elementor ( White Labeling, License, PRO widgets Settings..)
    Other plugins for Elementor (Element Pack) doesn’t have a free version that is extended when you purchase the PRO version.
    On the other hand, adding the sub menus as tabs will much increase the code complexity.

Thanks,
    Abanob

Antar Howarth
    Participant

Hi, Abanob –

I understand your problem – but I think it would be worth it to try. Everything for Elementor should be in the same place. This is logical. It also helps to keep the admin menu clear. A big site for a client can have many entries on the Admin menu – so an exclusive entry for Premium Addons is using unnecessary space.

Premium Addons is great. I always install the Pro version for all of my sites!

:0)

Antar

Rimoun Adel
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I believe this will be a misleading practice. We are not a part of Elementor plugin by any means. Adding our settings inside Elementor’s menu will give the impression to many users that we are a part of it. Also will make many other users struggle to find PA settings because they simply expect it to be placed in WP menu directly not inside another plugin.

On the other hand I understand the idea behind your suggestion and I really wish to find a way that rearranging WP menu items in an easy and accessible way. I believe it makes a good ground for a new plugin 🙂
    Cheers,
    Rimoun

Antar Howarth
    Participant

Rimoun –

Look at this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/kolyjk

All of the hi-lighted entries are leading Elementor Widget plugins. All of them are located inside the main Elementor menu.

Antar

Rimoun Adel
    Keymaster

Got your point and to be honest I didn’t notice this transition before. 😀
    The issue here is that PRO is an extension to the free plugin, Which makes it as Abanob told you a bit complex. On the other hand it worth trying as you said. Will discuss that with the team and see if we can do it soon. We are currently working on premium templates and 2 new widgets which have the priority for now. but if this is the trend we will seriously consider it if doable.
    Cheers,
    Rimoun

Antar Howarth
    Participant

Rimoun –

Great. Thanks for considering the idea 🙂

What plugins are coming…?!

Antar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.